The Graduate grade, GradIMMM, is the first step on the professional path. It is usually awarded immediately after graduation.
Benefits of this grade
Individuals holding this grade enjoy the following bespoke benefits in addition to those open to all members:
- Receive a member magazine of their choice, such as Materials World or Clay Technology.
- Access to the Content and career development opportunities and supporting tools available through the website member login.
- Are eligible for the member discount on, for example, events and promotions such as books and publications which are made available from time to time.
- Use of the designatory letters 'GradIMMM' after their name.
- Can apply for an Accreditation Certificate which confirms the suitability of their qualifications for Competent Person Registration (CPR) as, for example, a CEng or IEng.
- Access to a Mentor to support their path to CPR.
Hold a Masters' or Bachelor's degree in a subject related to the techncial outreach or a discipline of the Institute.
Competent Person Registration (CEng, IEng, CSci, RSci, CEnv)
The Institute is licenced to award professional registration to its members operating as engineering, science and environmental practitioners. Becoming a Graduate member is the first step on this professional journey, and further details on what is required in terms of experience and how to apply can be found on the Professional Registration webpage.
How to apply
Applicants should, in the first instant, submit a copy of their degree(s) certificate and CV, in case they may be eligible for a higher grade of membership, to the Membership Team on email@example.com or through our online enquiry form. We can also be contacted by telephone on +44 (0)1476 515761.